How to Consign
- All consignment is accepted by appointment only – please, no walk-ins or drop offs. We ask that you wait while we review items so that you can take home any items we can’t accept. The consignment appointment usually takes 15-20 minutes. There is a "book now" page on our Instagram where you can easily book your appointment!
- Please limit your items to one bin or bag – if we can accept more at a later date, we will reopen the appointment calendar. This is to ensure everyone that wants to consign with us has the opportunity to do so. Please label your bin or bag with your first and last name.
- Clothing must be freshly laundered and neatly folded. Please, no stains, holes or excessive wear. Clothing needs to be of current style and shoes should be wiped of any significant dirt or mud. We accept sizes newborn thru big kid 12.
- We accept items seasonally – our backroom is tiny! We accept Spring and Summer items January-May. We accept Fall and Winter items May-November.
- The Velveteen Rabbit determines the acceptability of each item and its selling price. You will receive 30% of the selling price for any items selling for $49 or less. For any items that sell for $50 or more, you will receive half of the selling price!
After Your Items are Accepted
- You will receive an email with access to our consigner website. You can check the status of your inventory via the site at any time. During busy seasons, it may take 3-4 weeks for your items to be fully entered into inventory.
- Any unsold items are donated at the end of each season. We do not return unsold items. Instead, we partner with local Chicago charities to pass on your gently used clothing and shoes to Chicago families in need.
- Checks are issued upon request, anytime you have a balance of $10 or more. You can check your account balance via the consigner website – it is updated in real time. You can email us or stop in during open hours to request your payout. If you choose store credit instead, they never expire and can be used on any in-store purchase (contact us for online purchases).
- Please note that items are left at your risk. Theft, fire, and damage are rare, but can happen. Thanks, 2020, for making us paranoid.
Consignment Brands & Items
- Spring & Summer Bestsellers – casual dresses, shorts, jean jackets, unique graphic tees, Native shoes, Hunter boots, Micro brand scooters.
- Fall & Winter Bestsellers – Patagonia, North Face, Uggs, Hunter boots, Bog boots, casual booties, sweaters, skinny or slim jeans, snowsuits, snowpants, winter coats, Halloween, Christmas, holiday pajamas, winter hats.
- Bestselling Brands – Zara, H&M, Gap, Crewcuts, Polo, Boden, Monica & Andy, Lilly, boutique brands, Nike, Jordan, Tea Collection, Hanna Andersson, Mini Melissa, Vans, Janie & Jack, Midwest sports teams (especially Chicago teams!).
- Brands we accept on a limited basis – Target, Old Navy, Carters, Oshkosh, Gymboree, Disney. We will accept these brands – their price point makes them popular with our customers. That said, we really look for the cutest, most unique, best condition items from these brands.
- Items we accept on a very limited basis – onesies, leggings, fancy clothing and shoes, dance clothes, swimsuits, athletic clothing, pajamas, tights, sleep sacks/swaddles, strollers, carriers, diaper bags.
- Items we can’t accept – underwear, socks, bibs, incomplete sets, children’s clothing larger than size 12, adult clothing.
Again, we thank you for choosing to consign with us - we appreciate your support! If you have any questions at all, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or dm us via instagram.
updated january 2022